I just posted a 12-String Tremolo Study; the working title was Tremblin' Whomp. I've learned enough about the recording studio to know that there are resonance issues at 58 hertz and the response below about 200 hertz is a few db too high. So, I put a sharp notch at 58 hertz in the jamin EQ graph, and added light compression under 200 hertz. I also added a couple of db to the EQ graph over 10 k.hz; my hearing is seriously deficient in this range, but Jon has mentioned a couple of times in the past this adds some nice sparke to my 12-string recording.
Adding reverb is hard to judge. Most home recordists, me included, add too much. Listening a day or two later to tunes with added reverb usually make me wonder what I was thinking of. With that in mind, I added a couple of different reverbs, and different strengths, and waited a day to compare them to the original. To add the reverbs, I used ecasound to pipe the tune through ladspa plugins. You can do it during the jamin session, like this:
ecasound -i jack_auto,jamin -el:tap_reverb,1200,0,-20,1,1,1,1,4 -o OUT.wav
This is using the TAP reverberator number 4 set to 1200 milliseconds delay, 20 db wetness.
Or you can do it after the jamin session on the result file (here it is called IN.wav):
ecasound -i IN.wav -el:tap_reverb,800,0,-15,1,1,1,1,23 \ -el:tap_reverb,5100,0,-30,1,1,1,1,42 -o OUT2.wav
This one pipes the IN.wav file through two reverberator plugins, number 23 and number 42.
For the tremolo study, after listening through a couple of systems, I settled on the 42 (Warehouse) effect with a 5 second delay, and it is 30 db down. It is barely noticeable, but adds a little fullness compared to the dry version.
You can hear the piece here.